Human resources Policy for researchers: the HRS4R awarding process
INSA Lyon granted the "HR Excellence Research" label from the European Commission for its "human resources strategy for researchers" (HRS4R) in July 2021.
This label aims to promote improvement in terms of recruitment and framework for exercising the activities of Researchers. It is based on the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers published in 2005 by the European Commission.
Frédéric Fotiadu renewed, on november 25, 2019, INSA Lyon's commitment to the principles laid down in the Charter.
Endorsement to the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers feeds INSA Lyon's policy concerning the recruitment of teacher-researchers and researchers and aims to support and amplify the principles laid down by these standards:
- Support the international attractiveness of the establishment,
- Support the change in the work culture,
- Establish a working environment favorable to teaching and research staff,
- Show the attention paid to researchers and laboratories staff,
- Benefit from international visibility via the lists on the EURAXESS website,
- Join a pan-European network, via the label, of researchers, organizations and establishments working in research.
An action plan resulting from the self-assessment work carried out in 2019 was built, presented and voted on to the Board of Directors on December 19, 2019. The self-assessment and the action plan were developed in a collaborative manner with the researchers, teacher-researchers, research staff, as well as with human resources and support services. The 26 actions identified will be rolled out over the next four years after obtaining the label (July 2021). In 2023, the establishment will have to provide a self-assessment report on the progress of this work.