© Métropole de Lyon
5 good reasons to study at INSA Lyon
- An international campus : 28% of foreign students & 92 nationalities represented
Shanghai Ranking by Subject 2021
- INSA Lyon is in the world top 100 in mathematics and mechanics
QS Ranking by Subject 2020
- INSA Lyon is among the top 11% universities in Mechanical, Aeronautical & Industrial Engineering and in Civil Engineering ;
- It ranks in the top 22% of universities in Engineering & Technology, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Materials Sciences and IT Telecommunications.
Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2020
- 5th French University for its approach and research activities for sustainable development (#201-300)
THE World University Ranking 2020: #601 out of 1,400 institutions (top 43%)
QS World University Ranking 2021: #541 out of 1,600 institutions (top 34%)
High Quality Teaching Programs
- An engineering curriculum integrating a multidisciplinary approach, including humanities
- 9 engineering departments. Find out what to study on the Education Catalog
- Strong links to industry, including internship opportunities
- Project-based pedagogy
- Synergy between Education and Research
Student Services and Support
- Each department has an international academic advisor and the International Relations Office is there to help too.
- French lessons are provided all year, including Summer and Winter schools.
- Halls of residence available for all international students
Vibrant Campus Life
- Over 130 student associations : INSA Lyon encourages students to actively take part in community life on campus. A good way to make friends but also foster leadership and project management skills.
- Great place to study, enjoy sporting and many cultural activities
- Located on Campus Lyon Tech-la Doua : Technopolis of 100 ha, 25 000 students, 80 laboratories
- 24h de l'INSA biggest student festival in France
Lyon, 2nd largest City in France in the 1st Industrial Region
- #1 Smart & Connected City in France
- #1 Digital hub in France
- Major cultural events : Les Nuits Sonores, electro music festival, 140 000 people - Les Nuits de Fourvière, performing art festival, 130 000 people
- Old city of Lyon listed as UNESCO World Heritage