Three legislative Committees : Administration Committee, Scientific Committee, Education Committee.
Support departments for the missions
As part of the General Administration, all the so-called “general” departments of INSA have a transversal role in supporting INSA's fundamental missions in terms of education and research. Serving the collective whole, their role is to provide the general logistics required for the smooth running of the establishment, calling upon all the resources at their disposal.
|Legal department||Student Residences department|
|Restaurant management department||Welcome unit|
|INSA Admissions department||General procurement department|
|Safety and Hygiene unit||Socio-medical department|
|Switchboard and Reception||Postal Department|
|Sustainable development||Centre for Study and Production of Prototypes (CEREP)|
|Printing workshop||Caretaker service|
|Centre Inter-établissement pour les Services Réseaux (CISR)||Inter-university Service for the Doua Domain (SIDD)|
|Financial Affairs Department|
|Multimedia and Audiovisual department|
The open-study centres
The Human Sciences Centre is a cross-departmental centre open to all engineering students at INSA, providing them with training in social sciences and foreign languages.
Three major fields of training are provided:
- modern languages,
- culture, communication and human sciences,
- company operations and management.
- The Department of French as a Foreign Language proposes French language training in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd cycles at INSA, through intensive courses before the start of each semester, or through regular classes during the school year.
This department can also organise courses for INSA Lyon's external customers.
In July 2008, the department was awarded the “Label Qualité Français Langue étrangère”.
- The Language Resource Centre provides students, language teachers, young researchers and the INSA staff with human, technical and educational resources.
- The Engineer Entrepreneur Section trains students in the methods and processes required for starting a new activity or company.
- Arts/Studies Sections. The Plastic Arts, Music, Dance and Theatre/Studies sections take in one hundred students a year.
- The cultural department: at the crossroads of different cultural vectors: Human Sciences Centre, Arts-Studies sections, student cultural clubs, cultural organisations in the Lyon region.
- Career and professional outlook mission: With this mission, the Human Sciences Centre reinforces its involvement in two areas: the outlook for different professions (intelligence concerning professions in sectors linked to
the School's training) and the measurement of education quality.
The Mathematics section groups together all the teachers and staff whose main activity involves mathematics. The section's main mission, working in conjunction with the departments, is to assist in establishing educational programmes that are coordinated between each other and with the programmes in other subjects.
The Sports Centre. Physical and Sports Education is an integral part of the student engineer's training. As such, a grade is given as part of the student's overall assessment.